Zhangjiajie is interconnected by a network of airports, railways and highways to formed a convenient transportation in Zhangjiajie. Lotus International Airport has opened domestic flights to more than 30 large and medium cities such as Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Shenzhen, and has flight lines to 20 overseas destinations, including Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Taiwan and Hong Kong. It has an annual throughput of 5 million passengers and 20,000 tons of cargo and mail. Direct tourist trains have access to 50 large and medium-sized cities like Beijing, Shanghai, and Guangzhou. East-west direction of Qian-Zhang-Chang high-speed rail is under construction, and north-south line Zhang Jihuai high-speed rail is about to start this year. A number of highways are under construction. Zhangjiajie has implemented the policy of airport landing visa, and is actively seeking 72-hour transit visa-free policy. Tourist shopping duty-free shops have opened, putting shopping tax rebate policy for overseas tourists into place.
Zhangjiajie Hehua International Airport,was officially opened to public on August 18, 1994,is the only airport in zhangjiajie. Formerly known as Dayong airport(DYG),which was opened on December 22, 1993, and named Zhangjiajie lotus airport on October 31, 1995, and it became an international airport in zhangjiajie in September 2017.
with the fast development of tourism,there are planes flying to zhangjiajie in major cities in China,such as Beijing,Xian,Shanghai,Guangzhou,Shenzheng,Kunming,Chongqing,Hangzhou, etc.There are flights from Taiwan,Hongkong,Seoul,Bankok, too. and some chartered flight from Manila. please be noted that the time table will be changed during the low season from 15th of Nov to 15th of Next March,and some of the flights will be canceled.
Zhangjiajie airport is about 10 kilometers away from the city and about 15 minutes' drive. It is about 35 kilometers away from the core scenic spot -Wulingyuan Area and about 40 minutes' drive.The airport does not have a Shuttle bus to zhangjiajie national forest park or Wulingyuan Area, The best way to get to Wulingyuan area or Zhangjiajie national forest park or Hotels in Zhangjiajie city is to take a taxi or book a pick up service in advance . In addition, the airport is about 214 kilometers from the ancient city of phoenix, so it takes about 4 hours to go to phoenix by car, most of flights arrive Zhangjiajie in the late night , so tourist may need to stay one night in zhangjiajie city .
Airport to city transportation
- To take a bus :There are no. 4 buses outside the parking lot of Hehua airport to downtown zhangjiajie. The ticket price is 2yuan. Running time is 6:30-20:30,
- Take a taxi:Taxi fare to the city is about 30 yuan;taxi driver will not take meters , recommend to ask for price first, and a lot of drivers will ask a high price, especially at night.
The zhangjiajie central bus station is just a five-minute walk from the train station, making it easy to get to the forest park or transfer to the surrounding cities and counties.
From central bus station to forest park ticket station, about 40 minutes' drive, 10 yuan; Ticket station to Wulingyuan, about 50 minutes' drive, 13yuan; The earliest departure time to these two stations is 6:30, buses are running every 10 minutes.
There are not many buses go to Tianzi gate station. The first bus is at 6:30, the second bus is at 7:00, and the bus runs every hour after that. The ride is about 90 minutes. The ticket is 15 yuan
Zhangjiajie New railway station was put into operation in 2008. It is a national, provincial and municipal key project, and an important part of Shihuai expansion project, which is a national "tenth five-year" key project. the project was start on December 28, 2004. The total investment is 450 million yuan.
There only normal train come to Zhangjiajie railway station start with T、Z、K, and trains take too long from the major cities to Zhangjiajie, so it is not recommend to take a train to get here. The railway station is very close to the center of the city, and the central bus station is on the left side of the station . There is a direct bus to zhangjiajie forest park and Wulingyuan area from the central bus station.
From changsha to zhangjiajie, There are K966, K9026, K1376 departure in the morning , and arrive Zhangjiajie at noon time. If you want to go to phoenix ancient town, you can take train to Jishou, then transfer by 1hour bus get to Fenghuang city. ( K1376 07:28/14:58 or K810 11:35/19:31 or K9064 22:02-05:38+1 ).
The good thing to know is that Zhangjie West Station(Fast Train station) put into use on the Dec 26th of 2019, located in Shadi Street, yongding district, zhangjiajie city, it is 18km away from wulingyuan, the core scenic spot of zhangjiajie,and 5km away from the city center. Recently, There are fast train from Changsha to Zhangjiajie, Changde to Zhangjiajie, Qiangjiang to Zhangjiajie Start With C. Keep reading on fast train schedule.
- It happens that there are some people wearing the train staff uniform on the train and at the exit of the railway station, they will recommend you to take a few days tour with a incredible low price or say bad something to frighten the guests, if you take the bait, your trip in Zhangjiajie will probably be a very unpleasant journey. Therefore, in order to avoid unnecessary trouble, it is better to just say no to them and no talking.
- Do not take low-cost vehicles near in the train station square,those cars are likely to take you to the place you do not want to go. Recommend to take regular a taxi or book a car service.
Zhangjiajie Internal Transport
1,The Public Bus
There are not many bus routes in zhangjiajie, mainly 1-29 routes, running time is basically from 6:00 to 20:30. The fare for public buses is 2 RMB throughout Zhangjiajie. Most of the buses in the city start at 6am and end at 10:30pm. Passengers should stand close to the door if they want to get off, otherwise, the driver may simply not stop. Some buses also have an English recording that calls out the names of stops.
Among them, No. 4 bus goes to the airport; No. 1 No. 6. Bus, No. 7 bus and No. 10 goes to the railway station and bus station; No. 5 bus goes to Tianmen fox fairy show theater.
- Pay attention to the taxi parked in the railway station and airport, they often play tricks offering a very cheap 10 yuan to send guest to Wulingyuan or Zhangjiajie national park gate, but they will send you to some other place that persuade you to join in the cheap Chinese speaking group tour. The reasonable price is about 150 yuan from airport or train station or bus station to Wulingyuan area .
- There are many buses runs between Zhangjiajie city and Wulingyuan area, the first bus is 6:00am , and final bus is at 7:00pm. The tickets is 13yuan .
In zhangjiajie, Taxi fare start at 6 yuan during the day 3 km and 8 yuan during 22:00-7:00 the next day and 1.8yuan for each additional km. Zhangjiajie city is very small , you can get to most of the places in the city with 10 yuan by taxi. Remind the driver to use the meter in case any driver does not use it . However, For a trip longer than 10 km or going to any scenic spot, the taxi driver will not charge by meter,it is suggest to ask the price first, and write down the vehicle plate No. , ask for tickets, in case of any complaints. Complaint Number: 0744-8202020.
Read More About Zhangjiajie Transportation